« Questions: PortraNet.com for a newbie? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Sep 26th, 2020, 10:32am
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Questions: PortraNet.com for a newbie?
«- What is PortraNET?  … | Index ^ | Welcome back Dennis … -»
Pages: 2  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Questions: PortraNet.com for a newbie?  (Read 11162 times)
Kevin Henderson
Alumni

Ypsilanti MI
# 1291

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile WWW Email

1st yr.
Date Started: Jul 24th, 2007
My Goal Here: To become a Pro Photographer as soon as possible!
Re: Questions: PortraNet.com for a newbie?  
« Reply #15 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 3:10pm »

Well, I just finally got things in order and signed up!  Can't wait for Ron to give me full access and get started.  I just booked a family/children's outdoor portrait session for two weeks from now so that I can study up and have someone other than my wife and 1 year old to try new things out on.  Can't wait!
IP Logged
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
« Reply #16 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 3:17pm »

Welcome - recieved your Paypal payment a couple minutes ago - "your already on"  = )
sent you a email about "how to proceed".
Ron
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Konig-Gio Studios
Alumni

Leander TX
# 1059

Soaking it up like a sponge!!!!

315774325 315774325   MrDarkLaw   Giovani1059
View Profile

1st yr.
Date Started: Jul 19th, 2006
My Goal Here: To become a Pro Photographer as soon as possible!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 2nd, 2007, 1:28pm »

For anyone who is deciding or not to join, I would like to put my 2 cents in.  I have been to Brooks Institute, NYIP and local colleges for photography.  I have been shooting photography for a little over 9 years and I joined portranet because it truly was a style that I wanted and yearned for.  

I joined in AUG 2005, and I learned more practicality in 3 months then my entire time in colleges and training sessions all around the world.  

Now mind you, this is training by what I believe is a true artist and mentor and instructor.  Ron teaches you how your style needs the particular tweak for perfection.   I know I am not the best, only practicing to be there some day, but with Ron by your side, I know I am off to the top very soon and I look forward to many years here at portranet.

Ron is a true insprition to everyone in the photo business and only teaches you how simple and easy photography really is.  He breaks everything down so simple that my son 5 years can do it and has already taken intrest.  

Since joining, I started to have more clients, which means $$$, because this style is so dramatic and really is the easiest money making opportunity for anyone with a little artistic skill.  

I recommend Ron's Portranet with a big 2 Thumbs up and I do look forward to staying with him for a very long time.  Wish everyone New and Old the best of luck and good start to a grand career.

Romeo
IP Logged

Romeo Giovani
RG Photography Studios
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
« Reply #18 on: May 7th, 2014, 1:57pm »

Back in this thread, I posted in 2007 - that I had over 19,000 instructional posts on here
Just checked.  6 years later I have  
34,245  instructional posts on here from me alone...    and growing... been at this for what now? 12 years?
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014, 2:04pm by Ron » IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Mort Harwood
Alumni

Grand Rapids MI
# 2345

View Profile WWW Email

3rd yr.
Date Started: Apr 17th, 2012
My Goal Here: I'm a hobbiest and want to take better portrait pictures.
« Reply #19 on: May 10th, 2014, 12:38am »

Gotta chime in on this one...

Joining PN is definitely the best thing I ever did for my photography.  I'm a hobbyist and all my friends and family have commented on how my portraits have elevated to a new level in the last couple of years.  (Since joining PN, but they don't know that.)

Four of my friends right now are using my portraits as their profile image on Facebook, and I've received tons of compliments along the lines of "Who takes these gorgeous portraits of you?"  (That's a direct quote from Facebook.)  Really a great feeling for me to see that.

That never would have happened without PN.

Ron teaches you not only all the technical know-how (which obviously is an essential foundation), but also how to THINK and BEHAVE.  Being a photographer (once you have mastered lighting, posing, and retouching) is all about THINKING and BEHAVIOR.  That's what it takes to get to master portrait artist level.  I just renewed for my 3rd year...still much more to learn and perfect.

I get personal instruction from Ron.  He personally critiques EVERY single photo I post, and personally answers EVERY single question I post.  If you post every portrait you shoot, the amount of learning that takes place is just priceless.  You need a thick skin...Ron will not appease you...he tells it like it is.

Quite amazing how seldom (very rare) I disagree with anything in his critiques.  Things I never notice on my own when looking at my portraits, Ron spots them instantly...and I always end up saying to myself "Yeah, he's right, that's not pro level, I better pay attention to that next time."

So the more you post the faster you learn.  Simple formula.  But the formula only works because the best in the business is the person who personally critiques your portraits.

IP Logged
Pages: 2  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- What is PortraNET?  … | Index ^ | Welcome back Dennis … -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright ©2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory