« Kudo's »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Nov 18th, 2017, 2:17pm
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Kudo's
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»
Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudo's  (Read 36037 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Kudo's  
« on: Oct 24th, 2003, 3:54pm »

I just got this in private mail from someone who has been a member for almost a month.  He said I could make it public so here it is.  Thanks for the comments Carl!  These keep me motivated.

paste

Hey Ron, Thanks for everything you offer here on PortraNET!  

Here are some of the things I love about being here on PortraNET  

1. Learning great techniques that will advance me as a photographer  

2. Learning these techniques from a super great guy. Seriously, I think you are such a nice person.  

3. Your daughter Kami shines in your instruction videos and I think she has such a great laugh, she's cute as a button and I love to watch how great you two get along on the videos... it really makes watching them more enjoyable (I see star quality in Kami).  

4. I really love how you don't hold anything back. The reason why I don't talk much on this learning seminar is because you make everything so clear and easy to find. If I have a question however, I know I can ask and get a speedy response (not that I expect down to the second response though).  

5. I don't feel bugged, bothered or pressured here in any way (meaning to keep up and that sort of thing). I can learn at my own pace. Believe me, its a fast pace... but its my pace! Wow, I learn at a fast pace and there's still so much to learn.  

6. You have given more than I expected. You are truly a very giving person. I hope your rewards are great in life... You deserve them!  

7. I've learned more about lighting on PortraNET than I've learned from reading a dozen books or more.  

8. I love your simplicity approach.  

9. Anything I have forgotten to mention here thats great about PortraNET... I meant to say it!  

I didn't know where to post this so I'm sending it in a private message.  Feel free to post wherever.  

end paste
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2004, 6:18pm by Norris Carden » IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
Re: Kudo's  
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 5:27pm »

Posting today in video library area

reposted here:

Ron,  
   I know the audio is not the best with these particular videos, but you are going to make a fortune when you start selling these.  I think the video portion of PortraNet alone is worth the price of membership.  Keep up the great work!  

Cheers,  
Patrick  

IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 12:04am »

One today from new member Kirk H.

_

Wow, Ron.  
In less than two hours, I've learned more about portrait shooting than I've learned in months at other sites.    
I can hardly tear myself away.  There's so much value here.  
I can't wait to pick up my camera and lights again!  

_

You've only touched the surface Kirk! enjoy-
R]
IP Logged

Curtis Cleaves
Alumni

Webster MA
# 38

View Profile WWW

2nd yr.
Date Started: Sep 15th, 2003
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 7:58pm »

Ron,  

I've been trying to catch up all week and I would just get further and further behind. Well today after about 4 hours I've caught up. College isn't this much work.

Just wanted to let you know the segment you just did on color balancing was outstanding! This is such a closely guarded secret in our profession (cause really only a handful know how and I don't think they can explain it). I don't think I have ever seen it explained in such easy to follow and understand instructions. Your simple methodologies never cease to amaze me.

I really think you should get an award for that one though.
IP Logged
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2003, 10:48pm »

Glad to hear it Curtis, I've spend many a unhappy hour printing thousands of senior orders in the lab 27 years ago. I have lots of experience in that area.  Undecided

Luckily it helps in my work today, I can talk to the lab in an intelligent way to convey what I expect from them, and of course they can't weasel their way out of things because I know how they should be done when right.  Grin

None of this stuff is very complex. The problem is there is too much fluff around the essentials. Cut away the fluff and it leaves things easy to understand and remember - basic facts.

Glad I could help!

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2004, 6:20pm by Norris Carden » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 9:22pm »

Had to copy this one out of PortraNET out to the public area too, This one posted today from Riva...  

_______

My first post!  Portranet is the best money I have ever spent!  Thank you, thank you, thank you Ron!  I was thinking of taking some photography courses at the local community college, but this is by far better information and instruction than I could ever get in school.  My only regret is that I didn't join sooner!  Anyway, it's going to take me forever to catch up on all the good info here.  I decided to start out with lighting only.

________

Her first picture is really cute and shows great promise and that she's read a great deal already. Watch for her stuff in the future!
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2003, 7:22pm »

Had to copy this one out to the public area too, from today - new member that just joined and has been cramming with all the the info.

____

Ron.  

I just read your "shooting in the garage" a few minutes ago and just had to go do that for myself!  So, I persuaded my wife(sweatpants and all) to go down to the garage with me for 2 minutes tops.(She was not in the mood to pose today! LOL!)  I opened the garage, set up my silver reflector, took a few quick shots and then we were done.  It literally took 2 minutes!  The light was wonderful!!  Here's a quick look.  

OK, can you tell that I am excited about signing up now!!  I'll be studying the posing sections tonight!  

Thanks again Ron!  

Kevin  

____

No lighting equipment needed for high end portraiture looks - using just a camera in the garage  Grin
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 4:43pm »

Thanks Cheryl!

Hi Ron,  

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all the work you continue to put into improving the website... it was awesome when I started in November and it just keeps getting better and better!  You are a perfectionist and we are definitely benefitting greatly from that.    

Your candor in critiquing my folder submissions is something I look forward to reading.  If I wanted blind praise, I'd still be over at "edited out".

IP Logged

Nicole Bellemare
Alumni

Petit Champlain QC
# 283

La vie est trop courte pour s'ennuyer

View Profile WWW Email

1st yr.
Date Started: Aug 8th, 2004
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18th, 2004, 9:11pm »

Ok here is my view on why I am so happy to have joined.  First I had some difficulty to decide to join, because actually I make no money with photography, only expense.  Grin
After one day of reading instructions, I was very excited to see how technical can be simple when it is understood.  Ron has this talent to simplify everything, and  the generosity to share all his tricks with us.  Before I joined I had the feeling to turn around and stay at the same place.  I was trying, trying and trying to have some constancy with my lighting without success.  Actually, I feel more confident and I know what I have to check to get good results.  I have a long way to go, but with the help of Ron, I know it will be possible to be successful.
Portranet is a great project, original, and for everybody who is serious to learn in photography.  I live in a small village and I am autodidact.  For me Portranet is the ideal solution, because I can study at my hours and get all the essential informations.  After all these years in photography, we can still feel the flame that live in you Ron and there is no surprise to see your success in business.  You have a nice family who contributes with the video and  you can thank them for us.  
I would have like to write in French to deliver my thoughts with more accuracy, but I hope my message is clear enough. Smiley
Nicole
IP Logged
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12th, 2004, 1:32pm »

This just in a PM to me today from someone thinking of enrolling:

_

Ron,

Just wanted you to know -- I e-mailed around 10 of your members asking how they felt the experience with PortraNet has been. And I did not find a single complaint (that's unusual?) and I'm glad. Most of my responses were INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, etc, etc.  

I'm gonna join real soon . . . please save a spot for me.  

R.M
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 4:32pm »

3-3-04  New member writes after only a couple days...

Ron,  

I just want to say, I'm thrilled I have joined!  There was no question in mind I was going to find some great stuff, but I was not ready for what you have here.    

Thank you sir!!  
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 11:25pm »

Had to share this comment from Debbie from an answer I gave today...

_

Great response, Ron!  I always think of you when I see the commercial about the guy who wants to give customers more than they expect (shows him as a little kid going way above and beyond on chores and odd jobs).  Can't remember who the commercial is for, but it's you.  My husband is a college administrator and he remarks often that you are a natural teacher.  Thank you for investing so much time and thought!  Debbie  
_

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #12 on: May 6th, 2004, 5:38pm »

copied from email to me:

New Member Mark Davidson after a couple days of membership writes:

_

Thanks Ron,

I stayed up for hours studying. Today I did my first Business H&S session using  
you lighting and posing guides.  The client liked it so much she  
ordered $300+ in prints when she said she only wanted a low res file.  
The best part was that it took 4MINUTES!

Thanks again

Mark Davidson
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #13 on: May 8th, 2004, 12:06pm »

Hahaha I had to post this one public, received it in PM today a couple days after a member joined as a  Read/only member.

"
Please upgrade me to the full member status on the following card #  
(EDITED OUT)
I can see  PortraNET is really worth it. I look forward to getting more involved with the others here . "

____

Ron says:
I have to say, as a skeptic I'd do the same. (peek first as R/O and upgrade after being blown away. (Thanks Mark - I'm glad to see you're pleased.)
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #14 on: May 24th, 2004, 11:29am »

This on in PM today from a new paid member

________

Hello Ron,  

It is awesome in here! At the time you were going to start PN  
I was lurking at a site where someone posted a "portrait" that  
to put it kindly, was pretty bad (like mine will be at first). He was  
getting the usual attaboys when some guy named Ron Kramer  
dropped his .02....  

It was a brutaly honest critique but you offered excellent advise.  
I checked out your site and followed PN's growth since then. You  
reap what you sow.

I spent a couple of hrs on earlier today. I am sooo glad I joined.  

Amalio  
IP Logged

Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright ©2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory