« Kudo's »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Sep 28th, 2020, 10:10am
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Kudo's
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»
Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudo's  (Read 43879 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Re: Kudo's  
« Reply #105 on: Mar 8th, 2010, 10:03am »

This in PM today (hope it's okay to post here).

Hi Ron  

Sending you a check for my 6th year re-enrollment in Portranet.  It has been worth every penny, every year!  Thanks for your instruction.  It's taken  me to a level of skill that sets me above the other photographers in my area.  Take care and may God bless your 2010!  

Sally  
_______

IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #106 on: Apr 16th, 2010, 12:03pm »

PM in today - I suppose this is a Kudo!?  

____

Hi Ron,  
I don't see my name on the list of renewals for April. I put a check in the mail on Sunday so maybe it didn't come yet? I guess I should have sent it earlier , it's definitely on it's way if you don't have it yet. I don't see how anyone could not renew once they're in here and see how much there is to learn. I'm hoping to have more time to learn this year than I did last year but even if I don't it's still worth it. Thanks so much, Helen Weiner  
____

Thanks Helen!
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #107 on: May 4th, 2010, 2:09pm »

Julie Mast (Holland MI)  just enrolled... and her reply to my first post to her was this...

Julie says...

I'm so glad I joined Portranet, thank you for your wisdom.  I don't know where to start but thank you for your "review".................     (personal stuff edited out).

I'll be purchasing either the Alien Bee or the White Lightning this weekend.  Will post some new pictures once I get this up and running. Thanks again, I've got more out of your one post then all the seminars I've attended in the last three years.  Again, so glad I found Portranet and joined.  Later...

Wink   Thats why I'm here.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2010, 2:10pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #108 on: Feb 8th, 2011, 1:02pm »

Haven't updated this in a while. Here's one today via PM  from Kerik....

________

Ron -  

I just wanted to take a minute to say "Thank You" for all the time and effort you've put into helping me redesign my business card over the last 2 days.  

Along with everything else you do (here and at home) you've really gone above and beyond to ensure that I have a product to present to future clients that is refined and high end.    

I'm always amazed at the time, dedication and attention that you give each and every one of us (and patience too!)  

Thank you again for everything  
Kerik-Elizabeth
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #109 on: Feb 27th, 2011, 10:41am »

Read this response to me today.  May sound corny to outside folks... but I think this is probably the ultimate compliment I could receive.

Re: Devorah Mushell's Project Folder  
« Reply #306 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 1:45pm »  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
thank you so much! i find it amazing that i really feel like you have taught me to see.

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2011, 10:42am by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #110 on: Apr 6th, 2011, 1:22pm »

Today from Helen W.
_______

Please let me know how it works, and thank you again, I have learned an incredible amount from you in a fairly short time, and I look forward to starting my third year on portranet. Thanks,  
Helen  

_______
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2011, 1:22pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #111 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 1:52pm »

copied from my PM
thanks Brent.

Just letting you know I just sent payment for my 5th year.  I am however not doing any work at the time as a lot has changed but Portranet is just too valuable to give up especially as I plan to do more in the future.  Thanks for such an amazing site and I hope to be around more in the future.  

Brent Zirbel
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011, 1:52pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #112 on: May 4th, 2011, 3:14pm »

Posted in her project folder today  Michelle Cochran of NC.

_________

......... (edited to get to the point)
On a lighter side I got your reminder about my expiration date. I will be renewing..you should hear from me by the end of this week. I wanted to Thank you for Portranet. It has been such a blessing. I had a background in photography and considered myself a pro until I joined and saw the work of your students. I always saw something lacking in my work and wanted to improve it and wasnt sure how to do it. I have learned so much this year. I know I still have alot to learn and due to the day job cant learn as fast as I would like..but thanks to you I will get there. I look forward to another great year here.  
Thanks  
Michelle
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #113 on: Sep 12th, 2012, 1:30pm »

We have so many of these - I kinda stopped adding new ones unless they're exceptionally strong (or address new things). Here's a post from a member in his folder to me today.

___

Mort Harwood (Grand Rapids, MI)

Ron, last weekend I sent my very first print order to PLE.  First time in my life I've ever had any digital photos printed outside of the ink jet printer in my home!  Anyway, I figure I should start using PLE like you do.  

Everything went great uploading my first order and the prints (got them today) look super.  Since it was my first order, I did a series of 8x10 prints to test different levels of sharpening and paper options, using the recent photo of my sister's family.  Based on the results of that, I'll be ordering all the rest of the prints for my sister from her family session.  

My question is do you print Glossy or Lustre, or do you give the client the choice?  (I assume you don't use the Metallic or Deep Matte papers.)  

Also, do you use the DuraCoat finish?  

Thanks for the advice.  

Also, I have to comment...looking at my nice prints today of the fam really reminds me that only a few months ago I couldn't have come anywhere close to this, I was 90+% clueless.  What great luck to find PortraNET like I did!  (BTW, did you ever sell that Larson soft box on Craig's List?)    You explain things so well and everything I need it seems is on PortraNET.  Can't thank you enough for all you put into this!!!  I need to read more in other students' project folders, but from what I have read it's really obvious how much you care about all your students.  I'm just so impressed.  

I also notice in your project folder that you are thinking about a workshop possibly, but not a lot of takers so far.  I have a theory on that...my theory is that you have done such a great job putting things on PortraNET...it's so complete and thorough...that people don't feel like they could possibly need more.  

I think in the early years of PortraNET then the workshops were probably more in demand because you didn't have as much available on PortraNET yet.  But with all the instruction and videos on PortraNET (including videos of those workshops!), it's sorta already all there.  All the important principles are still relevant, they don't go out of date.  Personally I think I'm already 100% saturated with my part-time learning pace on PortraNET...I think I can only absorb so much so fast!  

So anyway that's my theory about the lack of response...I think it simply says you've already done an awesome job with PortraNET!  My 2 cents' worth...
IP Logged

Tamara Smith
Alumni

Mountain Home AR
# 2259

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile Email

7th yr.
Date Started: Feb 1st, 2011
« Reply #114 on: Oct 31st, 2012, 9:34am »

Almost two years ago, I found PortraNet.  I was a photographer with a good eye, but lacked knowledge about posing, the correct use of light, light in the eyes, how to use studio light, etc.  I was on the outside looking into PN and really wanted to join, but didn't know if it would be worth spending $1800 to join.  That is a lot of money and I was afraid that I would be tossing money to just some internet scam.

My worries were for nothing, because PortraNet is certainly NOT an internet scam.  It is a place that has brought me to where I am today.  PortraNet is teaching me so much more than what I expected.  I can't even begin to list all that I have learned.  My goal is to become an artist - not just a photographer!  Portranet is getting me there!  I still have learning to do, but now I feel confident with posing, the correct use of light, light in the eyes, etc, etc, etc, - all of those things that I didn't know before joining.  As far as the cost of joining, I have made that back and then some.  Recently, I had two clients that placed orders that were big enough to cover an entire year's membership fee to PortraNet!

Ron is a GREAT teacher!  He is very thorough to say the least.  He points out things that I am amazed about - I always wonder how he notices the things he notices!  He is very detailed and pushes me to continue to improve.  Sometimes I want to be done with a project that I am working on, but then he pushes me to perfect it.  Ron does not sugar coat things!  Sometimes the criticism is hard to take, but I know it will only make me better!  The nice thing is when he gives praise for good work - I know that he is genuine!  So because I know he is genuine, when Ron gives a compliment about my work, it makes me feel very proud, and it makes my day!
IP Logged
Karen Flook
Alumni

Myersville MD
# 1662

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile

4th yr.
Date Started: Oct 19th, 2009
My Goal Here: I'm a working pro and want to improve the quality of my work.
« Reply #115 on: Oct 31st, 2012, 2:04pm »

I'm entering my 4th year on PN and can say it's the best investment I've made and continue to make. I agree wholeheartedly with all the other comments here about Ron & what PN offers. It's impossible for me to name just one benefit because there are so many! I do know for me personally & professionally, Ron's motto of it not being just one thing but a hundred things that makes a portrait perfect has stuck with me and is what I strive for. Once you're taught by a master like Ron, you'll never approach creating or looking at a portrait the same way again!

There's also the bonus of sharing & learning from other talented professional photographers who's work is just as remarkable, thanks to Ron. Then there's the business side of being a working professional which can be daunting in itself. This too is an area I have gained invaluable information thanks to Ron, PN and it's members.  

To sum it up, Ron is more than generous with his time, knowledge & guidance for each and every member that there's no way anyone couldn't benefit. Is it easy? NOPE. But for those truly interested in rendering beautiful, timeless and flattering images realize it's not the camera that produces these things - it's 100 meticulous things taught like non other than Ron Kramer.
IP Logged
Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright ©2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory