« Kudo's »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Aug 16th, 2018, 3:21pm
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Kudo's
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»
Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudo's  (Read 37369 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Re: Kudo's  
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17th, 2004, 1:21pm »

This one posted in the member area:

___

I joined (name EDITED OUT) a while back (also have their DVD) and I was really disappointed. the videos are crap and more a show (off) thing than an actual learning experience (to me at-least).  

Also caused me to be somewhat sceptical about PortraNet at first and made me not join for a while.  

Now I'm really glad I did.  

Learned more in the initial 5 min. of watching my first portranet video than all the 18+ hours of (EDITED OUT) TV.

I do like the work of some of the (EDITED OUT) contributors however I feel that on portraits/seniors You (Ron) have the (creative) edge and on learning experiance/transferring knowledge you absolutely blow them away...  

_______

Thanks so much Jereon, I try to deliver my best to my clients and to my PortraNET members!

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2004, 1:23pm by Ron » IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #16 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 12:07pm »

Cheryl posted today

__

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help last week with my color problem.  I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw these images -- no "green" goblin to fight.  Sure makes prepping proofs more enjoyable... and SO much quicker, too! I was so frustrated by the situation -- and all the HOURS I was spending on color correction -- that I was almost (almost!) ready to give up.  I know you are in the middle of your busy season and I really appreciate the time you took to help me get this situation corrected.  This is the kind of assistance you can't get on ANY of the other websites I've seen!
___

This is what PortraNET is about, eliminating frustrating problems and shortening the learning curve.  Yes, I hate it that I can't give all my time to PortraNET in July and August, but I have to work sometime!    Grin
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:07pm »

Mark Thiel posted today in one of his project threads.

____

We really liked using a combination of tools you gave on traditional female posing.  We had a laptop in the basement so we could watch the video, pause, setup and try it.  We also printed out the complimentary posing instructional sheets, so we could lay them in front of us while I attempted to pose her.  The tools are great!!!!  I just need a lot of work.  Thanks so much for the work you put forth to make these tools available.  Other members bragged about the depth of this site, when I asked before joining.  Now I see what they were talking about!  

_____

Thanks Mark, you're putting them to good use, great job on todays project.
Ron
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #18 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 5:48pm »

This one posted to me today by Andre Patton (hope it's okay to share here).

I really appreciate all the awesome feedback, keeps me motivated here!

________  pasted in from private msg to me.

Ron,  

I learned about you from being a ‘lurker’ on zuga.net and it was clear that I was drawn to your photos as I waited weekly for a new post (and some other guy named pfiltz indoor shots). Anyway, I have recently visited another 'top' poster’s forum on their website and after seeing their teaching style versus yours…I have absolutely no regrets about joining PortraNet.  None!  

I now seriously doubt that I could have learned what I have learned in the last 2-3 months than the months of reading books or lurking in forums would have taught me. No doubt about that! I am sure that I will never buy another howto book on photography again.  

I really do appreciate your help with my MANY questions and more than that… the speed of the response. Turn-around time for responses are less than a day!  

____

Thanks so much Andre! - your work shows MASSIVE improvement in a VERY SHORT TIME, it's amazing what progress people can make if they just do the simple things I teach here.

R]
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 10th, 2004, 11:01am »

One today posted in a member thread by Dave Blankenship

___

Thank you for the best photography site in cyberland!!  You have the best professional photography learning (applying) site available ...AVAILABLE ANYWHERE....handsdown....I wish I'd had something like this to come to in 1991 when I started out.....blows my mind how you reply to everyone here....and now that your digital.....its gonna get LOTS better.  Ya know what buddy?   I can make a living here ..on just a bit of your ideas Ron!  Thank You for the constant flow of ideas....I sure can't implement them all...nor do I need to.    

dave  
___

Thanks Dave - re: replies to all, I don't run this like a forum, I look at it as my job. And each member is a client. It's not cheap, but I still want to make sure what my clients here get for their money is worth 10X more than what they paid.  I just feel bag I can't give more during my senior season. (but lots more to come as things slow up a bit next month).  

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 12:32pm »

Not really a Kudo - but more of 'results gained'.

Kathy posted this today in the studio operations area -

___

Thank you Ron!  The numbers are in for the first 6 weeks, since implementing our new policies, procedures & pricing, that we modeled after yours,  
and the sales are $15,000. higher than last year for the same 6 weeks!  
Whoopee!!!   (I guess I will renew Portanet again, eh?  )  
Thanks to you. Ron, and, also to Joy because alot of this was due to the information I received from Joy and her way of running the studio.  THANKS JOY!  

When I look at everyones folders, and see how they are rapidly progressing, I'm afraid to say that I am sort of progressing at a much slower pace, with regard to posing and lighting.  I haven't had much time to study on line.  I would like to come again to Michigan.... when?
___

Thanks Kathy GREAT to hear the increase - 6 weeks? 15k more?  Lets see after twelve weeks 30k more?  = )   When in Michigan? say when and we'll set up another workshop.
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #21 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 5:13pm »

I received this in PM today from Andre - a new photographer who's been taking my teachings and using them by the book. His work as been very impressed - And here's a msg from him to me today.

I just got home from work today, and www.whcc.com left me a message stating that they loved my proofbook so much that they want to make a copy of it to use for display in their store.  

Needless to say I am shocked and suprised as this is not common for me (thanks to your teaching) as I would have never thought a prolab would use one of my items! But here is my question. What would you do in this situation?

Congrats for doing work that they feel is some of the best if not the best that they print! Kenvin J. Also had a similar honor and was asked if they could do a article on him for a pro photographer newsletter) I think it comes out next month. (WPI or something like that).
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2004, 5:20pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 1:12pm »

One from Robert Mullin's today - not really a Kudo's - but certainly a great thing!.

Robert said in his project folder (posted with a recent H&S portrait)

I have been getting at least 5 calls a week now -- 100& referals -- from business people wanting me to shoot them.  I might develop a niche in this area and become known for this stuff! I love my day job -- but I made an extra $500 last week. Thanks Ron!  I need help here with the hairlight??

500 bucks for a couple hours work total, not bad.  Makes PortraNET pretty cheap if not free in the long year.  Grin

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 3:11pm »

Just a reply from Mark Rash's project folder after my critique of his recent family portrait submission.

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for your detailed comments.  These help me more than you will ever know.  I've felt for a long time that I was just missing too many little things, but I couldn't pin point them.  You have not only nailed them right on the head, but given me very clear, specific, easy solutions to fix them.  

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Mark Rash
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2004, 3:12pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #24 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 11:04am »

Comment today posted by Steve Slate in his project folder.

___

I think I got the lighting down now, it's time to start refining my posing (understanding it better).   Thanks for all of your comments.  I knew the investment I made with portranet would benefit me greatly!!!!  I've learned so much in just 2 short months.  And think, I still have 10 more months to go.  Thanks again for all you do.....    

___

Your welcome!
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 7:00pm »

One from today from Lisa Glanton

I love the difference in my portraits, compared to BF (before Portranet). And I have only just begun.  I have studied, and read and attended so many classes, lectures, meeting, etc and have never had things laid out is such a simple and easy to understand fashion.  
The excitement about photography is back again and I so look forward to getting home every day to log on to Portranet.  Sales average has increased and I know will continue to do so, as long as I apply what I learn HERE.  Wish I hadn't waited so long to become a member.   Thanks again!!!!  

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 8:02pm »

One today from Curt - who just joined a few hours ago.  (If something sounds to good to be true - it usually isn't).  BUT THIS IS!   Grin

____

Ron:
This is awesome.  I haven't been able to tear myself away. I can already see how my photography is going to be King in Eastern Kansas. Thanks again, and tell Joy thanks for putting up with the odd sign up situation!  
Curt
____

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:10pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:06pm »

I have to say - comments keep me striving for excellence... Just received this one from a brand spanking new member.

This place is so unbelievable. My wife and I are located in a very small town in Oklahoma: Population 1,500. With what we have learned in just a few hours this morning is going to help us tremendously!

Is it too early to upload a couple of before/after shots? My wife is the computer whiz and has already changed a couple of our poses. Let me know what you think!!  

Brent Lansden

Thanks Brent - I know it is !  It's 30 years of my life all condensed down into the MEAT of what I do.  And Instead of taking 30 years like I have, it can be assimilated in a few short months.  What is more unbelievable is the price.  - enjoy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:10pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 7th, 2004, 1:10pm »

Just in - email from Mike Davis....

______  PASTE _

Ron,

I have a confession.  I spent the last two weeks trying to find out 'bad'
things about Portranet on line.  After all if I was going to send 1500.00
to a complete stranger I wanted to see what his detractors had to say.

Funny thing, in this day of instant and complete information I couldn't
find anything!  Well one guy on DP who didn't know you said you owed your
success to heavy photoshop re-touching.

So I checked that out.  Funny thing, on some of the close up of the senior
gals you can see pores and 'girl' moustaches.  If you were using gaussian
blur to soften your images those would be the first things to go.

Tonight had a look around lighting, make-up, business.  Already I've
learned simple things that can immediately improve my portraiture.  
Feather front and center into a reflector, use translucent face powder.  
Simple things, but how long would it have taken to learn by myself?

I enjoy your presence on the video I watched as well.  I'm an outgoing
quick witted person (so I'm told).  It works very well with weddings I'm
sure it will work with seniors as well.

I'm sure I've given you enough strokes in this and my previous emails
 Wink  .  Now it's time to get down to business.  I just wanted to let you
know how happy I am with my membership after about 4 hours.

Mike Davis

__________ end paste.

re: photoshop - until just a few months ago - all my work was film! - and never touched photoshop.  (hehehe)  I now use photoshop as I would correct color and retouch film in a lab.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2004, 1:11pm by Ron » IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 10:20am »

One today from Bill in email.

____

Ron,

I spent part of the afternoon on the site, starting with the New Members  
section, then a first pass through Lighting as you suggested.   Won't be  
able to start shooting until the weekend,  but I'm already glad I joined.

Bill

____

Just wait until you explore the other areas, videos! - and check out the info in the project folders, Ron's setup shots etc...   it can only get 100X better! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2004, 10:21am by Ron » IP Logged

Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright ©2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory