Kudo's
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jan 22nd, 2020, 4:24am
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Kudo's
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»
Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudo's  (Read 41915 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Re: Kudo's  
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 1:12pm »

Just posted in the member area from a new member...  A banker by trade for 27 years. I enjoyed hearing this and wanted to share it. (keeping his name with held unless he wants to reply) since this is a public area.

_

I get requests for weddings and portraits from friends and family and was surfing the net for good poses and found the HOP.  I kept returning and hoping that Ron would figure out a way to teach people his skill.  Then when I found out about PN I was excited but the money held me back (its a banker thing).  Anyway work got boring and I was looking for something to get out of the rat race and with the encourgement of my wife decided to come up the the $$.  After reading this site for the past 30 days, what a bargan.

I would love to make this my primary occupation and will be working to that end so I can say goodby to banking.  My goal is to be up and going in 24 months.

_ end paste
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 10:30am »

Received this one today in PM from Starla Hock.  
___

Ron,  

Just wanted to let you know that I am simply thrilled with what I'm learning on Portranet as R/O! Thanks so much for making Portranet what it is. By the way, I updated my profile pic and equipment list today. Got the equipment last week and took the picture this weekend. My new pic may not yet be "Kramer" level yet but it is a definite improvement from what it was! Still so much to learn but so glad to be a part of Portranet!!  

Thanks so much!    
Starla  

___

THANK YOU - SO GLAD YOU'RE THRILLED!  Cheesy
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 6:08pm »

In email today - From new R/O member Nikki P.

__

Thanks for the heads up and I LOVE Portranet already.  Stayed on until about 1:00 am. this morning. I will never get 8 hours of sleep again. Thanks. Nikki

__

= )
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 9:56pm »

Honestly - I've never had a bad comment!  This one today with a renewal payment for 2nd year.

____

It has been very rewarding being on PortraNET.  If you remember, I wasn't sure if someone could teach another how to see the light and the pose.  It  doesn't always come as easy as I wish, but I do see great improvement in my images.    

The other day someone was telling me how their husband was going to school to learn photography,  sadly, they gave their money to NYIP.  I told her to look up Ron Kramer on the net.  The very best school out there.  She wrote it down.  The word is spreading.  

Thanks Ron  

Leslie Caldwell

_________

Thanks!
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:44pm »

Received this one today in PM, - had to share it - made my day.
From Amy C.
__

Ron I got the coolest compliment today.  
I was showing a photographer friend of mine some recent post-portranet shots I've taken.  Before I said a word about Portranet she said "what are you doing differently? These pop!"  
That was so exciting for me - that someone else is seeing a difference, and after only 3 weeks!  Just think- a year from now, my shots should be awesome!!!    
Thank you for everything you do, Ron.  

__

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:47pm »

Another one today in PM (I hope it's okay I post these publically, since they were posted to me in "private mail".  
From A.R.
___

Hi Ron  

Wow... wow... I feel flattered to see myself on the frontpage of portranet - let me say that I never thought that I could come so far in such a short time. Its simply again a testimony to your input and patience that so many people show such vast improvement in such short a measure of time.  

I have talked to a few other members and keep saying - this was the BEST ever $1500 I have ever spent.  

I only noticed it today, because by default I have the internal main page bookmarked - so dont see the front page reguarly.  

Thanks  
A.R.

___
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #36 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 8:03pm »

Another from A.R. today in his project folder -

_

Possibly you hear this lots of times, but never hurts to hear it again. Thanks Ron, I am having a fantastic time since I joined here and get a very satisfying feeling when I look at the results I am already producing.    
_

Your doing the work! - I just guide you.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #37 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 12:20pm »

This one just in PM to me this morning. Lynn joined about 2 weeks ago:
I left the questions in tact because others may be curious as well.
_

Ron,    
I have a couple of questions for you, but first I would just like to say, "WOW".  Portranet is all that I expected and 100 times more.  I am a read only member with hopes of upgrading soon, and I cannot believe what I have learned from you so far.  Amazing stuff!  Anyway, back to my questions.  1)  as a read only member, am I still able to get the PLE processing special, or only after I upgrade?

YES!

2) I have been downloading the videos, which are great by the way,  but most of the bigger ones only download about 60-80%.  Any suggestions?  I do have dial up and don't mind the long download time....welll worth it, but once done I would like to watch the whole thing.  Thanks Ron  

Lynn
__

The truncated transfer is probably a time out on your end or interruption in your dial up service. = (
I offer students the option of getting all the videos mailed to you on a DVD disc. (to save you the download time and hassles and transfer errors). See the top messages in the video library to read how to get one. Some of the videos are huge and will take days on your dial up and to not get a hiccup during that many hours of transfer will require good clean living and lots of prayer.  Wink

Thanks so much for the comments.
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #38 on: Apr 14th, 2005, 5:12pm »

Comment in today on the bottom of a email requesting PLE code.

___

PS. Your site is incredible. I knew it would be, but dang! The free and constant flow of information you're sharing blows me away. I feel like a newbie learning to load my first roll of Tri-X all over again, even after 30 years in this business! Thanks so much. To learn this much you'd have to spend four years at Brooks Institute. Come to think of it, I don't think four years would be enough time, even at Brooks.

Terry Clark Photography

____

wow thanks Terry - glad you're enjoying. (Terry is R/O) member currently.
Ron
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #39 on: Apr 19th, 2005, 12:45pm »

Posted in a PM to me from Ilan M.

__

Since graduating from school 5 years ago, I'm working in the IT field (hacking code, a.k.a -programming , I had a deep interest in graphics, but never did anything about it.  One day when searching on google accidently I hit your houseofphotograhy site .. wow life changed . You have a wonderful teaching talent to tranform someone this fast...  
__

IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #40 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 12:41pm »

Akhtar  Ramzan posted today... (in his project folder, he joined us last Dec 4 months ago.)

__

Thanks Ron and Cheryl.  

Your comments are moving and I am having another wonderful weekend with a buzz from such glowing review!!!

(text edited out about the shot........................)

I am happy with my choice of background and that boney prop worked quite well with her. Will post a better retouched and bigger image soon.

Thanks once again Ron, if someone had said I would be able to take such photos a few months ago - I'd have not believed it.
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #41 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 7:08pm »

One today from Cheryl DeNeve, she asked how to do something in the print/retouching/artwork area:

_

THANK YOU SO MUCH!    

You really do amaze me still -- even after being on Portranet for 1 1/2 years.  I ask how to do something, and you show not one way - but multiple ways, complete with screen captures for extra explanation!  You are a gifted teacher.  

There is NOTHING on the web like Portranet and I am so fortunate to have found you when I did!
_
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #42 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:56am »

One from Cindy Cofer today when her 2nd year renewal
_

I'm looking forward to the next year. I've learned so much! I wouldn't be where I'm at in my photography if not for portranet. My quality of portriture has dramatically increased and I know the next year will put me at an even higher level. Thanks, Cindy

_
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #43 on: May 19th, 2005, 7:54pm »

From Lisa Glanton today in her project folder...

_

Hi Ron,  

Trying to fine tune the beach scene.  Afraid that bringing sand into a daycare would probably kill the business, all the kids would eat it!!  

I did away with the shells but for the one the child can hold.  Keeps them still for 1 second.   Thanks for all of the previous advice.  Did I tell you that my phone rings all the time now.   And my sales average has gone way up.  All thanks to portranet.  Can't wait to get studio.  They start backhowing the site tomorrow.  

_

Lisa's image with the pose -  
IP Logged

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #44 on: May 26th, 2005, 12:28pm »

In today with a renewal
_

Hi Ron,  
Just want to thank you for a fantastic year!  Not only is Portranet the ONLY place to learn portrait photography it is the ONLY place on the net with a fantastic community of members!  You must be very proud!    

Laura Johannessen  
_

Thanks Laura!
IP Logged

Pages: 8  
Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- A Members facebook c… | Index ^ | Some of Ron's OLDER … -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright 2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory