« PortraNet still in operation? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Sep 28th, 2020, 11:58am
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   PortraNet Lounge
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   PortraNet still in operation?
«- Welcome Kevin and Sh… | Index ^ | Had to Share and it'… -»
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PortraNet still in operation?  (Read 1799 times)
Dan_Spencer
Registered

Bakersfield CA
# 1650

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile WWW

1st yr.
My Goal Here: I'm a hobbiest and want to take better portrait pictures.
PortraNet still in operation?  
« on: May 4th, 2014, 9:04pm »

Noticed the last post is 2012
Is the paid version still active even though Ron is retired?
It's been a year since I logged onto here (free member) and it appears either I haven't missed anything OR I  missed out on a whole heck of a lot of changes since I've been gone.
Has everyone moved?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014, 2:02pm by Ron » IP Logged

My "other" work: http://www.FairyPix.com
Enchanted Fairy Photography
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Re: PortraNet still in operation?  
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2014, 2:01pm »

There is a members list on here that I update each month as people join and renew, so you can always see the latest action in the bottom of that thread.  It's where I keep track of the members and who renews, paid etc.   Click here to see member roster, renewals are at the bottom etc.  

http://www.portranet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Public1;action=disp lay;num=1153417809  

But yes, still here doing what we do.    If you're not a paid member "inside" you only see the "LAST POST" in the public non member areas.    In other words - system info will only reveal to you "stats" of the areas you have access to.  Any inaccessible areas will also have hidden stats.  As well the busier I am inside, the less time I have to perk and update the non member areas.  They tend to not get updated as much as they should to inspire new members.  However I'm content with the work level of members I already have. I've always liked to deliver quality and personal attention over quantity of members that would spread me to thin.  

I have retired from my studio work because I leased 1/2 my building last year, and now they requested my 1/2 too.  That was part of my retirement plan, so we found that God wanted us to do this earlier it appears. We'll be moving our studio setup here to my home so I can more easily access it for PortraNET teachings.  I'll also still shoot some select jobs for past clients at my home studio.  Siblings of past seniors etc. More "selective" on our part.  What is nice for members here is things will change from studio/studio outdoor area of the past 10 portranet years...  to home and home outdoor areas. This will give me  totally new issues and topics as I'm in a totally new (home business) situations.  So it will allow the PortraNET collection of teachings to expand more into home studio issues.  

I tend to toss out students work examples and little PortraNET updates more often on the PortraNET Facebook page.  But still I'm more interested in teaching on Portranet than marketing for portranet.
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Re: PortraNet still in operation?  
« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2014, 3:59pm »

something posted "INSIDE today" by Tamara Smith

IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- Welcome Kevin and Sh… | Index ^ | Had to Share and it'… -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright ©2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory