The latest in the "Session setup's" area
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jun 24th, 2018, 2:31pm
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   News
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
«- Oops - Ron, how do I… | Index ^ | Musical Senior -»
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The latest in the "Session setup's" area  (Read 1726 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
« on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 3:50pm »

Members see the setup for these in the Ron's setups area.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2004, 8:41pm by Ron » IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Clark Sanders
Alumni

Cherokee Village AR
# 605

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile

1st yr.
Date Started: Jan 31st, 2005
Re: The latest in the "Session setup's"  
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 11:25am »

Mr. Kramer,

Your work just blows me away! I love this site and would love to join.  

I'm worried about not being able to devote the time. I do photography totally on the side and really do what I can on weekends and at the same time try to spend as much time with my wife and two children.

From reading all the comments from other users, I feel this would be great!

Do you have a place on the site for standard dial-up users? I'm hoping to "trade up" to DSL soon.

I'm so glad I discovered your Portra Net. I'm just exicted to be able to join on the inside as soon as I can.

Clark
IP Logged
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 11:59am »

Quote:
Do you have a place on the site for standard dial-up users?

Hi Clark, I'm not sure what you mean a place on the site? PortraNET will work for dialup or DSL/CABLE - the only difference being speed. If you join and keep your dial up, the only major drawback would be the vast video library. The downloads would take forever. So to help you out, I could mail you a DVD with all the videos on it to save you the excessive download time.  

DSL will be a wise upgrade.  I have DSL at my studio (with the higher speed option) and I have cable at my home. (cable is still a good deal faster, but costs quite a bit more).

Time with family is always a issue. It all depends on how bad you want it and giving up a little family time now to provide them a better life in the near future.  Sure my family suffered a bit when I started my business, my wife and I had a few fights where they told me to "get a real job". But now, I spend more time with my family than anyone else I know. And they don't go without anything. And when I do work - its by choice and it's FUN!

Looking forward to working with you, keep me posted.
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Brian Andrews
Alumni

Berkley MI
# 83

View Profile WWW Email

2nd yr.
Date Started: Dec 7th, 2003
« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 12:01pm »

on Oct 4th, 2004, 11:25am, Clark_Sanders wrote:
I do photography totally on the side and really do what I can on weekends and at the same time try to spend as much time with my wife and two children.

Clark,

First I want to say welcome! But, I just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat as you, and that is exactly why this is such a great place. Your time is precious, so why waste it experimenting and learning things that you will not do once you learn more. Just learn it right, and learn it right away. PortraNet will give you a big learning curve.

That is just my opinion. Good luck.

Brian Andrews
IP Logged
Clark Sanders
Alumni

Cherokee Village AR
# 605

Hello - I'm new to PortraNET!

View Profile

1st yr.
Date Started: Jan 31st, 2005
« Reply #4 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 12:40pm »

Mr. Kramer and Mr. Andrews,

Thanks for your replies. My question about the speed you answered perfectly. I should have phrased it better. I meant to bring a photo with me to work today to post but forgot. I did two sessions Saturday and was quite proud. I studied lots of images on your site and tried to mirror or mimick the lighting set-up. Don't think I got it, but they didn't look do bad. My subjects liked them. I know they can be improved upon greatly. I'll post them later.

Thanks again for your comments and support!

Clark Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- Oops - Ron, how do I… | Index ^ | Musical Senior -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright 2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory