Laura Johannessen senior
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jun 24th, 2018, 2:34pm
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   News
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
   Laura Johannessen senior
«- How Incredible- Susa… | Index ^ | Pretty in Pink -»
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Laura Johannessen senior  (Read 1194 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
Laura Johannessen senior  
« on: Jan 19th, 2006, 10:41am »

Excellent work - one of several awesome shots posted by Laura in her project folder showing off what she's learned here.

IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Bobby Edmiston
Alumni

Columbus MS
# 935

"The Kramerization has begun!"

View Profile Email

10th yr.
Date Started: Mar 25th, 2006
Re: Laura Johannessen senior  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 12:00am »

Great looking photo! I am new to PortaNet and just looking around to see if it is for me. I need for my indoor shots to look this good. I have surfed around and have not found many that look this good as they are on this site. I have never been a fan of flash photography and it looks like most of the ones here do not use flash. Do you use softboxes and reflectors?
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2006, 12:15am by Bobby Edmiston » IP Logged

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 10:40am »

We use light! - natural or canned. A softbox uses a flash to modify the quality of light from the strobe. I'm not a fan of "small light sources" either. You can achieve this look with any soft light source. Powered strobe or natural light, the former is just easier to move around and control.
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Bobby Edmiston
Alumni

Columbus MS
# 935

"The Kramerization has begun!"

View Profile Email

10th yr.
Date Started: Mar 25th, 2006
Re: Laura Johannessen senior   pretty_girl.jpg
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 7:02pm »

Do you ever use any continuous lighting on photos? I have a lot of things going on the next month at my other job so I will probably join as a paid member next month. I am only a part time photographer  for now but would like to be able to do it all the time in the future. I really enjoy capturing the person and the personality. I got into the part time as a result of photos needed for our church sports activities(UPWARD SPORTS) and then it just kept going from there. I have always loved taking pictures and the folks around here think I am good but they have not seen what I have seen on this web site. My outdoor is better than my indoor, things just are different indoors, alot of variables. I need to be Kramerized!
IP Logged

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 8:00pm »

I don't have a clue what continuous lighting is. We do need to get you on the inside... Lots to be changed in this portrait.  Pose and lighting - but this is the news area, so don't want to add chit chats in here.
Talk to you soon.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- How Incredible- Susa… | Index ^ | Pretty in Pink -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright 2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory