Mort Harwood 13 months here.
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Oct 20th, 2018, 8:18pm
About PortraNETAbout PortraNET EnrollEnroll RegisterRegister Member FeedbackMember Feedback  Ron's Studio Site & Gallery Ron's Studio Site & Gallery
HomeHome LoginLogin MembersMembers  Student map Student map
Mail BoxMail Box PortraNET.comPortraNET.com SearchSearch
News:
   PortraNET
   Public Access - Post to all in these areas
   News
(Moderator: Forum Admin)
«- Tamara Smith - wow | Index ^ | Tamara Smith  (… -»
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mort Harwood 13 months here.  (Read 2516 times)
Ron
Instructor
Grand Rapids MI
# 1

View Profile WWW Email

12th yr.
My Goal Here: -
« on: Jun 8th, 2013, 10:22am »

Mort is in the same city I'm in, so we've met up several times. He's an amazing student. Seems to read something once and it totally sticks.

Here's are a couple from this recent posts in his project folder.

When Mort started here 13 month ago I request all students to share what they feel is their best portrait before joining. He shared this.

After my review of his latest work in his folder her replied:

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!  I owe all of my improvement to your teaching on PN.  So many things still to do and perfect, but I can see the progress.  Several of my family members have been commenting too on how my portraits have improved dramatically in recent months.  Nice to hear.  

Ya know, a hobby is a lot more fun when you don't suck at it!  I'm finally starting to feel like I can create some art that I'm proud of.  That's always been my goal, to create art, not to "take pictures".  But until PN I never learned the fundamentals skills needed, never had that foundation of understanding.  

I've taken 8 years of college (4 undergrad and 4 graduate), and I've never had a college course in any subject as good as what you provide on PN.  That's just the flat out truth.  It's one thing to be good at your craft, but quite another to be able to teach it.  You excel at both.
IP Logged

It's not any "one" thing, but hundreds of little things that make a great image.
Pages: 1 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
«- Tamara Smith - wow | Index ^ | Tamara Smith  (… -»

All content, images & instruction Copyright 2003-2013 Ron Kramer/Rojoy Inc. dba PortraNet
PortraNET » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Artdesy.com - An Art Directory